AIGETOA is committed for the revival of BSNL in true letter and spirit and hence time and reached out to the DoT and Hon’ble MoC & IT, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Ji for the complete and timely implementation of the all the measures approved by the Union Cabinet on 23.10.2019. Our GS has welcomed the revival plan in an interview to NDTV in Oct, 2019.
But even after passage of more than nine months of the approval of the BSNL/MTNL Revival Plan, none of the arms of the plan has reached to its conclusion except implementation of VRS. The utmost important aspect of launching of the 4G services has been derailed by the various lobbying by getting the 4G tender cancelled just before one week of opening. Now, the initiations of the process afresh have pushed the project a year back further. We have already suggested the DoT and BSNL management to immediately start rollout of the 4G service by upgrading existing 3G/2G nodes though the existing OEMs of the phase VII and phase VIII.4 tender till a regular tender is not put in place.
BSNL/MTNL Revival Package Facts at Glance:
- Implementation of VRS in BSNL/MTNL funded by GoI – Implemented
- Rollout of 4G Service by BSNL against allotment of 4G spectrum- Awaited
- Issuance of bond to raise fund of Rs 15000 Cr by BSNL/MTNL- Awaited
- Raising of Rs 38000 Cr through monetization of land by BSNL/ MTNL-Awaited
- Proposed merger of MTNL into BSNL by addressing the issues –Awaited